This series of blog posts includes the most important announcements and major updates regarding Azure infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and Azure Stack, officialized by Microsoft in the last two weeks.
Update rollup for Azure File Sync Agent: December 2018
An update rollup for the Azure File Sync agent was released this month which addresses the following issues:
- A Stop error 0x3B or Stop error 0x1E may occur when a VSS snapshot is created.
- A memory leak may occur when cloud tiering is enabled
More information about this update rollup:
- This update is available for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, and Windows Server 2019 installations that have Azure File Sync agent version 184.108.40.206 or a later version installed.
- The agent version of this update rollup is 220.127.116.11.
- A restart may be required if files are in use during the update rollup installation.
- Installation instructions are documented in KB4459990.
Automate Always On availability group deployments with SQL Virtual Machine resource provider
A new automated way to configure high availability solutions for SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines (VMs) is now available using SQL VM resource provider.
Virtual Network Service Endpoints for serverless messaging and big data
Azure Event Hubs, a highly reliable and easily scalable data streaming service, and Azure Service Bus, which provides enterprise messaging, are the new set of serverless offerings joining the growing list of Azure services that have enabled Virtual Network Service Endpoints.
Azure Stack 1811 update
The 1811 update package includes fixes, improvements, and new features for Azure Stack. This update package is only for Azure Stack integrated systems. Do not apply this update package to the Azure Stack Development Kit.